Saturday, February 11, 2012

Orange Market Bag

Pin It
I finally did finish my market bag. I really liked how it turned out. I did start out by following a pattern that was on the yarn label. I am more of a crocheter than a knitter, even though I could do intermediate to advance knitting patterns, I really wasn't in the mood for it. So I did not do the pattern stitch it called for and stuck with a basic stockinette stitch. I was planning to sticking to the pattern when it came to do the handles, but I ran into another snag, I lost the pattern. I could not find the label that had the pattern on it, so I did what I could from remembering what I previous read. The next issue I had was gaping holes where I picked stitches along the sides, so I decided to cover that up with a crocheted ruffle or in each , which I have to admit, turned out really cute. Finally, I decided to add an internal packed. I used my Electronic Device Shelled Sock pattern and attached it to the inside edge. I am already thinking ahead of a crocheted version of this bag.

So I did find the original pattern I started out with on the Bernat web site. The pattern I intended to follow is here.  You will need to be a member to view the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment